Applying to BIS
Prospective students that are ready to apply to the BIS program should follow these steps.
Attend a BIS Information Session
- Students interested in the BIS Program should attend an information session prior to meeting with an academic advisor or applying to the university. Information sessions are listed in the events section of the BIS website.
Meet with an Academic Advisor
- After attending an information session, please contact us to schedule an appointment to discuss your academic interests and goals with one of our academic advisors.
Submit a George Mason University Application
- Follow the instructions contained in the Undergraduate Transfer Admission Application (below). You must enter "Individualized Study-BIS" as your academic program or major of interest on the application.
- Submit your application by the deadlines listed on the Admissions website.
- Forward any official transcripts to the Office of Admissions as stated in the application. DO NOT forward transcripts to the BIS office as this will delay the university review of your application and an admission decision.
- Link to: Mason Transfer Application
BIS Resources for Prospective Students
University Resources for Prospective Transfer Students